Welcome to FIDICTerms
FIDICTerms – The FIDIC Glossary of Terms
FIDICTerms is an online glossary of terms. FIDICTerms covers definitions in publications from the following FIDIC Committees:
- Business Practice Committee (BPC)
- Capacity Building Committee (CBC)
- Contracts Committee (CC)
- Integrity Management Committee (IMC)
- Membership Committee (MemC)
- Risk Committee (RC)
- Sustainable Development Committee (SDC)
The intention of this glossary is to assist readers in easily finding definitions of FIDIC recognised terms, for readers to review how similar FIDIC terms are used in various versions and editions of FIDIC publications, and for assigned users to propose new definitions to the FIDIC committee(s) for future use. FIDICTerms is a semi-open sourced glossary into which the society of FIDIC-Engaged Experts across the world can propose new definitions. If you are assigned as a FIDIC-Engaged Expert, simply log in to FIDICTerm´s editor section and enter your proposed term and definition. The new definition will be reviewed and approved by the chairmen of the associated FIDIC Committee.
Introduction to FIDIC
FIDIC is the International Federation of Consulting Engineers which represents globally the consulting engineering industry. As such, the Federation promotes the business interest of firms supplying technology-based intellectual services for the built and natural environment. FIDIC acronym stands for the French version of the name -Fédération Internationale des Ingénieurs-Conseils. The following 8 objectives drive FIDIC and have been included as reference for the reader of this wiki to better understand the development of the FIDIC International Standard Forms.
- Be the recognised international authority on issues relating to consulting engineering best practice.
- Actively promote high standards of ethics and integrity among all stakeholders involved in the development of infrastructure worldwide.
- Maintain and enhance FIDIC’s representation of the consulting engineering industry worldwide.
- Enhance the image of consulting engineering.
- Promote and assist the worldwide development of viable consulting engineering industries.
- Promote and enhance the leading position of FIDIC’s Forms of Contract.
- Improve and develop FIDIC’s training and publishing activities.
- To promote and encourage the development of Young Professionals in the Consulting Engineering Industry.
To learn more about FIDIC and its related activities, please see their website (http://fidic.org/), or contact via post message: FIDIC – International Federation of Consulting Engineers World Trade Center II - Geneva Airport P. O. Box 311 CH-1215 Geneva 15 Switzerland
For contacts with FIDIC concerning specific matters of FIDICTerms, please refer to the Chairmen of each of the FIDIC Committees.